Position: Research Associate
Location: The Centre for Research on Engineering Software Technologies (CREST), University of Adelaide, Australia
Type of Research Activities: Experimental and Applied in close collaboration with industry/government partners
Salary Range: (Level A) $88,286 - $94,588 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5%
Duration: Fixed term position for 24 months (Further extension is possible based on the performance and funding availability)
Deadline: December 3, 2020
Research Program: ResEarch Program on Tactical Information Resilience (RePTIR) or Software Security Intelligence (SSI)
Research Program Lead: Professor M. Ali Babar (https://researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/ali.babar#my-research)
Further details and application procedure: https://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/504556/grantfunded-researcher-b-school-of-computer-science
Expression of Interest (EoI) are also welcome for the future opportunities in Software Resilience and Software Security & Privacy: There will be several opportunities for PhD and Postdoc over the coming months as the Centre for Research on Engineering Software Technologies (CREST) is quite rapidly growing supported by several industrial and governmental partners.
Please visit the CREST website for seeing our research topics/projects and team members: http://crest-centre.net
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work.
The School of Computer Science offers high quality accredited degrees in computer science, and software engineering, has strong links with industry and a robust research ethos.
To be successful you should have:
- PhD in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or closely related area
- Demonstrated ability in conducting and publishing high quality research on one or more of the topics related to Software Security Intelligence, Security and Privacy by Design and Engineering Software for Information Interoperability and Resilience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Empirical Research using qualitative and quantitative methods, applied ML/DL/NLP for quality of software and development processes and Security.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or willingness to quickly learn and apply qualitative and quantitative data analytical tools and well-known ML libraries/packages.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one or more programming technologies for software design and implementation for building and evaluating prototypes and/or automation tools.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a research team by contributing to the mentoring of PhD and graduate/undergraduate students.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a research team and discipline to carry out research independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience or willingness to gain knowledge of key domains like Digital Health Care, Smart Utilities, Defence Systems, and Autonomous Transportation.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to gain knowledge and carry out research related to cyber security.
- Track record and/or ability to contribute to research proposals for seeking external funding.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor M. Ali Babar, +61 8 8313 4478 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: December 3, 2020.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.